Ingredients and Common Q&A
1. What are the main ingredients in Hi-FiBar?
- Almond is the first ingredient. Almond is a superstar nut with a high amount of protein, fiber, magnesium, Vitamin E and monounsaturated fat (the good one). It can assist blood sugar control, lower cholesterol level, reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
- Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds are packed with essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, magnesium, and other nutrients.
- Oat (gluten-free) is a whole grain with a high amount of beta-glucan, a fiber which has been proven to lower LDL-cholesterol, non-HDL-cholesterol and the risk for cardiovascular disease.
2. Why is fiber so important? How much fiber does Hi-FiBar have?
Fiber keeps you feeling full longer by slowing down digestion. It helps regulate blood sugar and has been proven to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
One bar of Hi-FiBar provides more than 20% of your daily recommended intake of fiber and qualifies for the FDA claim of "excellent source" of fiber. It's a great way to get your fiber back if you are juicing your fruits and veggies.
3. Is Hi-FiBar vegan?
Yes. Hi-FiBar is made with 100% animal free ingredients, no honey, no dairy.
4. Is Hi-FiBar gluten free?
Yes, we use all gluten free material. We use Bob's Red Mill for our gluten free oats, which are manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility. However, we have not yet applied for the gluten free certificate, largely due to the high cost.
5. Is Hi-FiBar natural?
Hi-FiBar is made with all natural ingredients and does not contain any added color, flavors, preservatives, or other artificial substances. However, we recognize that the FDA has not developed an official definition for use of the term natural or its derivatives.
6. Hi-FiBar has no added sugar? How?
Yes, Hi-FiBar has zero added sugar. We do not use sugary ingredients commonly found in other snacks bars (honey, agave, brown rice syrup, date paste or glucose syrup). Those are mostly or entirely made with sugar. Here at Hi-FiBar, we use a special blend of dietary fiber, which can mimic the binding function (stickiness) of sugar when heated up in a certain way. That’s how we bind all of the natural goodness together.
7. But with no added sugar, how is it sweet?
Hi-FiBar has a mild sweetness because it’s sweetened with monk fruit juice. Monk fruit has zero calories per serving and does not affect blood sugar levels or cause tooth decay. It is a melon-like fruit grown mostly in southeast Asia and has been used in food for thousands of years. Perfect for people with diabetes and anyone watching their sugar intake. It tastes better than stevia and has GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) approval by FDA.
8. The fat content seems high, why?
Hi-FiBar is made with natural ingredients, primarily nuts and seeds. Whlle these naturally have a low glycemic index and low carbs, they are high in protein and fat. However, the fat in nuts are the "good fats" beneficial to your brain and heart.